Less often, pain comes from damage to part of your spine, or from a condition you were born with. The pain may accompany other symptoms such as stiffness, numbness, orweakness in your arms. Spine problems can even affect your bowels and bladder. We at Dr. Varsha Kurhade– Painex clinic provides the best Neck pain treatment in Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad.
The Spinal column is divided into four regions:
- Cervical: Neck area
- Thoracic: Upper and mid-back
- Lumbar: Lower back
- Sacral: Tailbone area
Muscle strains: Overuse and poor postures, such as too many hours hunched over a steering wheel, laptops, mobile phones, and other electronic gadgets often trigger muscle strains. Even such minor things as reading in bed or gritting your teeth can strain neck muscles.
Worn joints: Just like all the other joints in your body, neck joints tend to undergo wear and tear with age, which can cause osteoarthritis in the neck.
Nerve compression: Herniated disks or bone osteophytes (abnormal growth) in the vertebrae of the neck can take up too much space and press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord.
Injuries: Rear-end automobile collisions often result in whiplash injuries, which occur when the head is jerked backward and then forward, stretching the soft tissues of the neck beyond their limits.
Diseases: Neck pain can sometimes be caused by diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, tuberculosis, meningitis, or cancer Neck pain can also come from conditions directly affecting the muscles of the neck, such as fibromyalgia.
Abnormal curvature. Your spine’s natural curves help to balance your body. But if the curves become too pronounced—or if your spine develops a twist or an extra curve—it puts extra pressure on the vertebrae and discs.
Fractures. Reasons for a spine fracture include an injury, repeated stress, or a condition like osteoporosis, which can make bones weak and brittle.
Degenerated disc. Disc degeneration can result from normal aging or wear-and-tear, but it’s sometimes begun or sped up by injury, disease, or unusual stress. Degenerated discs can irritate the spinal nerves and cause instability. They can be painful.
Bulging disc. If the outer wall of a spinal disc weakens, it may push out (bulge) toward the nerves. This can cause painful nerve irritation.
Herniated disc. If the outer wall of the spinal disc tears (ruptures), the soft material inside the disc can squeeze out and press on nearby nerves. This can cause pain, numbness, or weakness in your arms or back.
Instability. Spinal instability is when adjoining vertebrae slip back and forth, or have permanently shifted out of position.
Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal. Stenosis can press on the spinal cord and nerves and cause pain and other symptoms.
Nerve Problems. This can cause pain, numbness, weakness, and other problems throughout your body.
Causes of neck pain or cervical pain differ from patient to patient, hence treatment is given to the patient may vary. Our Neck pain specialist in Pune is one of the finest specialists for comprehensive Neck pain treatment in Pune and PCMC.
- Neck pain is commonly associated with dull aching.
- Sometimes pain in the neck is worsened with movement of the neck or turning the head.
- Other symptoms associated with some forms of neck pain include numbness, tingling, tenderness, sharp shooting pain, fullness, difficulty swallowing, pulsations, swishing sounds in the head, and dizziness or light-headedness.
- Neck pain can also be associated with headache, facial pain, shoulder pain, and arm numbness or tingling (upper extremity paresthesia).
- These associated symptoms are often a result of nerves getting pinched in the neck.
- Depending on the condition, sometimes neck pain is accompanied by upper back and/or lower back pain, as is common in inflammation of the spine from ankylosing spondylitis.
Our Neck pain specialist doctor in Pune and PCMC provides the best of care for spine treatment and clinical outcomes to patients to resume their normal life.
In addition to pain, symptoms of Neck pain or Cervical Pain condition may include:
- Numbness, tingling, “pins and needles”
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Fever, chills, sweating
- Weakness, slow reflexes
- Dizziness, headache
- Bone density scan
We at Painex, Pain Management clinic offers Interventional multidisciplinary pain management treatments and services for the following-
- Oral medications – neuropathic pain medicines, muscle relaxants
- Physical therapies & modalities
- IMS (Dry Needling)
- Facet Joint injections/Medical branch blocks
- Diagnostic nerve blocks
- Facet joint Rhizotomies (nerve ablation)
- Paraspinal muscle plain blocks
- Epidural injections
- Percutaneous adhesiolysis
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Advanced neuromodulatory options
- Spinal cord stimulators
Painex clinic, Pune is specialized for Interventional multidisciplinary pain management treatments for spine care. Choosing the best Neck pain specialist doctor in Pune is moving a step towards freedom from your neck pain. Our hundreds of happy patients are benefitted with the unique multidisciplinary model of treatment for spine pain management. Our Neck pain treatment in Pune by most advanced techniques and experienced neck specialist doctors make sure to provide the best results.