Sciatica Pain Treatment In Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad - Sciatica Specialist in Pune
Although the problem is in the back, you feel pain along the course of the nerve in addition to back pain. Hence, you may feel pain down a leg to the foot or calf. Sciatic pain can range from mild pain to severe pain, but often worse in the leg than back pain. Although the pain associated with sciatica can be severe, most cases resolve with non-operative treatments in a few weeks. If you are suffering from sciatica pain it needs medical support. At Painex clinic, we provide the best sciatica pain treatment in Pune. Our team is highly qualified and experienced for comprehensive sciatica treatment.
Back Pain & Lower Back Pain Causes
Sciatica is a symptom not a condition Sciatica nerve is the longest & thickest nerve in the human body which travels the whole length of the leg. So if it’s causing pain, it will be very distressing when we will be moving around or even standing. Understanding the sciatica symptoms, we evaluate the patient’s history and treat them accordingly. Painex clinic is one of the best clinics for sciatica specialist in Pune.
What does sciatica pain feel like?
Depending on the cause, people describe sciatica pain in various ways. Sharp, shooting, or jolts of pain have been described by others. “Burning,” “electric,” or “stabbing” are some of the words used to describe the pain.
The pain may be persistent or intermittent. In addition, the discomfort in your leg is frequently more intense than in your lower back. When you sit or stand for long periods of time, or twist your upper body, the pain may get worse. Coughing or sneezing, which are both forceful and quick physical movements, might worsen the pain.
What are the Risk Factors of Sciatica
- Age-related changes in the spine, such as herniated disks and bone spurs, are the most common causes of sciatica.
- By increasing the stress on your spine, excess body weight can contribute to the spinal changes that trigger sciatica.
- A job that requires you to twist your back, carry heavy loads, or drive a motor vehicle for long periods might play a role in sciatica, but there’s no conclusive evidence of this link.
- Prolonged sitting. People who sit for prolonged periods or have a sedentary lifestyle are more likely to develop sciatica.
- This condition, which affects the way your body uses blood sugar, increases your risk of nerve damage.
Common signs and symptoms of Sciatica
The main symptom is a shooting pain anywhere along the sciatic nerve; from the lower back, through the buttock, and down the back of either leg. Other common symptoms of sciatica include:
- Numbness in the leg along the nerve
- Tingling sensation (pins and needles) in the feet and toes
This pain can range in severity and may be aggravated by sitting for long periods.
What causes sciatica?
Sciatica can be caused by a variety of medical issues, including:
- Spinal stenosis is a condition when the spinal canal narrows abnormally. The space accessible to the spinal cord and nerves is reduced as a result of this constriction.
- Spondylolisthesis is the movement of one vertebra out of alignment with the one above it, limiting the aperture through which the nerve leaves. The sciatic nerve can be pinched by the stretched spinal bone.
- Osteoarthritis in aged spines, bone spurs (jagged edges of bone) can occur, and pressure lower back nerves.
- Trauma injury to the sciatic nerve or lumbar spine
- Tumors, Compression of the sciatic nerve in the lumbar spinal canal
How Sciatica Diagnosis
If your sciatica specialist doctor in Pimpri Chinchwad suspects you have sciatica, you’ll be given a physical test to examine your reflexes and muscle strength. They may ask you to perform particular exercises, such as walking on your heels or toes, to determine what is causing your pain.
If your pain is severe, your sciatica specialist in Pune may recommend imaging tests to look for bone spurs and herniated discs. You might obtain tests such as:
- CT scan
- Electromyography (EMG)
Non-Surgical Sciatica Pain Treatment in Pune
- Oral Medications
- Conservative measures with knee strengthening
- Genicular nerve block
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Intra-articular Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation
We at Painex clinic, Pune is specialized for Interventional multidisciplinary pain management treatments for sciatica pain treatment in Pune. Our most advanced techniques are the key USP of our treatment for chronic sciatica pain to resume the patient’s normal life. Our expertise in the field of pain management is over 10+ years of experience and our sciatica specialist doctor in Pimpri Chinchwad (PCMC) has treated thousands of patients successfully.